Friday, October 14, 2011

I stood my ground



I stood my damn ground at dinner tonight. Danny has been obsessed with our pantry (which is right next to where his highchair sits), all he ever wants to do is walk to the pantry and point to it or try to open it. When he is in his highchair eating he typically points to it and says "mom" several times. Once he is about half way finished with his food he gets really into pointing at the pantry. He knows there are treats in there.

I am typically a weak sucker when he does this. I mean, he is in the picky toddler stage suddenly, so if he wont finish his food I worry that he isn't getting enough. What is a treat going to hurt when the treats are healthy treats? Right???

NO

I cannot, I will not let the toddler own me. He will not run this house. I run this house!! I must stop giving into the manipulative toddler!!!!!

I didn't give in. I held my ground. Once he really started whining for a treat I explained to him that he couldn't have a treat unless he finished his dinner and drank more of his milk. He reacted like this. . .

Yeah. It went on and on. I kept explaining to him that he had to finish his food. I even showed him how to use his fork in case he forgot. He cried and cried and cried, and pointed to the pantry; "Come on mom, the treats are right in there, did you forget? Can I have one? Mom? Mom?"

It wasn't pretty. He didn't finish his dinner and he didn't get a treat. I am such a badass! I stood up to my toddler and prevailed! I deserve one of those damn treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this Mommy post?