Monday, October 24, 2011

Alone time

I get plenty of 'alone time.'

I get six full hours of alone time a week. They are all spent in my car. I hate ever second of it.

Six hours driving to and from school each week, alone. During my 'alone time' I worry, make lists, think about what needs to be done at home, go over my weekly schedule, panic that I forgot my homework or an important book, think about paper topics, wonder if Danny needed his hat, think about what I should make for dinner, hope my husband remembered all of his gear. . . etc etc. . . it goes on forever.

I keep thinking about how much time I will have when I graduate, when I go back to being a SAHM not a SAHM/full time-student. It's like a dream that I can't really believe will ever be reality.

Instead of rushing around I see myself making fun breakfasts for my son, going on morning runs to the park so that our afternoons can be free for other activities. I imagine having pajama days like we did when he was barely able to sit up, just the two of us, hanging out in our pajamas all day, having fun.


This morning as my little one was eating breakfast I was explaining to him how I will be driving him to the babysitter now that his dad has to leave the house early for training. I told him that he will be spending more time there than he is used to because Daddy doesn't get to leave late anymore. He looked at me as I explained that in seven months I will graduate and it will be party time for us again. I swear when I told him that last part he got a little twinkle in his eye and smiled at me. I don't know if he knows exactly what I meant, but I do know that he will feel like a very lucky boy when he gets to have pajama days again.

*Look forward to a blog post a year from now where I complain about how I never get a minute to myself*

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this Mommy post?