Friday, September 30, 2011

Waking up on the wrong side of the bed.

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.


Do you remember your mother saying something like this to you when you were a kid?

I do.

I can't remember how many times I heard it, but it must have been a lot. I remember thinking that it meant that I literally got out of bed on the wrong side. I must have asked about it once because I do remember being told that it just mean that you woke up crabby.

For the sake of you understanding how literal and gullible I was as a child I should tell you that I actually thought you had two pipes in your throat, and when you choked on water it was because water actually went down the wrong pipe.

Today, Danny woke up on the wrong side of the bed after his nap. When I got him out of his crib he handed me his sleep sheep (so I could put it on the shelf where it belongs. . . this is a new thing), he was fighting back tears the whole time. I then tried to give him a snack, this started out well right up until he hate his last piece of peach. The flood gates opened and all hell broke loose. Poor kid could not figure out why everything was going wrong. First he woke up and the sheep was out of place, then he finished his peaches. I don't know how he could ever have a day worse than this.

His post nap mood reminded me of one of his baby pictures. . .


It ain't easy being a baby. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this Mommy post?