Thursday, September 22, 2011

My son, I just love him.

I do. I can't get enough of him. He truly is my sunshine, my only sunshine on many days. You would think the "honeymoon" would be over by now, he isn't a sweet, cuddly little baby anymore. He doesn't lay in my arms and let me hold him for hours. He runs through our home like a wild man on speed. He is a little terror (in the best sense possible). He has two speeds, fast and faster. He likes to climb, run, dump things over, play with himself during every diaper change, throw the bowl of spaghetti on the floor, wall, his head. I describe him as crazy, and he is. He is also my whole entire world. His father and I, we wouldn't know what to do with ourselves without him. We are literally dedicating our lives to this little man (and any brothers and sisters he will be gifted with).

All the things I listed before, he does them all the time. He also hugs my leg when my arms are out of his reach. He pushes me away from the counter when I am trying to cook and he wants my attention. He takes my hand and leads me to whatever it is he wants me to see. He points to every airplane he hears in the sky. When I lay on the floor he lifts my shirt to blow raspberries on my tummy (and cracks up every single time). If the mood is right he comes and lays on my lap while we watch Mickey Mouse together.

I am so blessed. I am so lucky. I have everything. I have a happy, healthy child. I know too many people who can't have babies of their own, or who have had the pain of caring for sick children, my heart bleeds for those people and it reminds me how lucky I am.

Tonight I need to take a moment and think about how lucky I am, and how lucky my son is. I was reminded by a friend how unfortunate some children are. Some children have parents who don't give a damn about them. Neglected, ignored, abused kids are all over the place. I wish I had a huge home with tons of room so I could take all those kids in. Parents, remember how lucky you are to have your little ones with you, remember that they are blessings, not burdens. They came and changed your life in an instant, for the better. Hug them a little tighter tonight and say a pray for the children out there who aren't as lucky as yours.


PS. I hate the Dixie Chicks, but they nailed this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this Mommy post?