Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Mommy Vacation!

This past weekend I flew to Atlanta to attend my cousin's wedding. After spending nine hour in Reagan National Airport, with my cousin, Elli, waiting on a standby flight we finally reached our destination, several hours later than planned. Every flight we were bumped from seemed like a sign from God that I shouldn't be leaving my baby for such a long (short weekend), but I somehow found the courage (or the fear of Elli kicking by tail if I backed out) to get on the plane.

It was a very strange feeling, to be able to stay up late drinking wine with my cousins, not worrying about what time I went to bed because I didn't have to get up and take care of my son in the morning. Strange. It was also very strange getting all dolled up for the wedding without having a little person steal my brush, run away with my bra or try to burn himself with my flat iron. Strange!!

I missed my little man, and my husband like crazy, but it was great to get away. I was starting to get the feeling that if I didn't get away and spend a night away from my little one that it wouldn't happen until he goes off to college. Everything went wonderfully at home, my husband took great care of our little one, none of us were traumatized.

After a nice weekend away I feel revitalized and am super happy to be home. I did tell my husband that I don't want to go away without he and my son again. . . we'll see how long that feeling lasts!!

Don't forget to give yourselves a break, Mommies. We all deserve one every now and then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this Mommy post?