Thursday, September 22, 2011

This love is OURS

Funny how after my husband and I get in an argument I always seem to love him more than before.

I'm sure a shrink would have a field day with that statement.

My husband and I have been through the ringer, during the earlier years of our relationship we were tested greatly when he was deployed to Okinawa, Japan for two years (my oldest, and wisest brother refers to this as "the Japanese holding him hostage"). After those long and painful two years the test got even harder when we *had* to live together for the first time (we got married before he deployed, I was/am a good Catholic girl who refused to live with him before we got married). Moving in together after over two years apart was not an easy thing to do. We almost killed each other/fell apart. Luckily, we knew that we had something special, we knew that our marriage vows really were 'till death, we knew that marriage was supposed to be work, so we worked and worked until we finally knew each other again. We fell back in love. At 21 and 22 we went through what most couples go through in their 40's.

We've also dealt with a lot of naysayers and Negative Nancys throughout our relationship. We have been together since we were 16 and 17, I'm sure some people just expected us to fall apart eventually.

Not going to happen.


Five years ago today my husband was graduating from Parris Island. Our lives were pretty crazy for the next three years. I wouldn't change a single minute of it. Taylor Swift's song Ours always gets me.

Seems like there's always someone who disapproves
They'll judge it like they know about me and you
And the verdict comes from those with nothing else to do
The jury's out, my choice is you


Don't you worry your pretty little mind
People throw rocks at things that shine
And life makes love look hard
The stakes are high, the water's rough
But this love is ours


And it's not theirs to speculate
If it's wrong and
Your hands are tough
But they are where mine belong and
I'll fight their doubt and give you faith
With this song for you


The stakes are high, the water's rough
But this love is ours
  <3

1 comment:

What do you think about this Mommy post?