Saturday, September 3, 2011

30 Day Challenge-Day 17


Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently

This is a hard one. . .


Abraham Maslow's hierarchy of needs.  

Bare with me on this one. . .

I have spent a lot of my life thinking that I was inadequate. I had all these dreams after high school of the things I wanted to do/be only to have them fizzle. I moved around with my Marine only to get a job, but never really felt like I was doing anything worth-wild. Once my son was born I realized that I could never be happy working full-time and leaving him in the care of others full-time. I realized that my biggest fear was coming true, I was turning into my mother. Okay, not really. I am very different than my mother, but I was turning into a stay-at-home-mom, which was taboo, in my opinion, while I was growing up. Once I accepted that this was my true calling, and, that anything else I choose or find necessary to do for $$ would be secondary, I began to be happy about it. I love my child, will love all my children when there are more and want nothing else than to raise them my self, all day, every day. 


Since this realization I have had a lot of negativity (aren't you bored, do you just sit around all day, I'd go crazy if I were you, how can you stand being with him all the time, it must not be very fulfilling, I could go on and on). The negativity used to really get to me, and I'll admit it still does get me a little upset. But at the end of the day, I don't care what you NAYSAYERS think/say/do. I am doing the right thing for my family, following my calling, and raising my child. I no longer feel like I should say I "just stay home." I am proud of the fact that I am home with my son, I am proud of the fact that my biggest aspiration is being met every single day. There are many other things that I would like to do with my life, in addition to being a SAHM, but nothing trumps that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this Mommy post?