Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A letter to a person in your life who should be "let go"

Just for fun =)

Dear person in my life who is no longer welcome,

This letter is to inform you that you are no longer welcome as an active member in my life. I would like to express my sincere regret that you and I are not able to continue our relationship at this time. The following reasons have contributed to this termination:

* You are rude. You say rude things to me, my husband or my child. You do not know when to use your mental filter that tells you what is appropriate to say out loud and what is not.
* I can never meet your demands. No matter how hard I try, I am never able to make you happy with my life, actions, ideas and choices.
* You have made me feel inadequate in this_________(family/friendship/situation etc) on numerous occasions.
* You have disrespected my values and my family on numerous occasions.

Again, I would like to express my deepest regret that this relationship must be terminated, however I don't have the time/energy/desire to continue working on a relationship that is both physically and mentally draining to me. The relationship is one way, there is no return for the work I put into it and for that it must end.

I wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors and relationships. It is my hope that you will learn from this debacle of a relationship and improve your future relationships.

Sincerely,

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this Mommy post?