Sunday, August 7, 2011

Happy Birthday to my Wonderful Husband!

This may be a mommy blog but I can't let August 7th go by without writing a little something about my wonderful husband, after all he did make me a mother :).

My husband, Stephen, literally does it all. He is a kind, caring, considerate, loving and devoted man. He is super-dad.  He does EVERYTHING for our son. From the day Danny was born Stephen has been in incredible dad mode, I tell people this all the time (and it is true) that until Danny was about two weeks old I only changed two diapers. He cleans/diapers/plays/feeds/disciplines/loves our son. There is nothing that he wont do for him or me for that matter. He has picked up so much slack at home since I went back to college, doing dishes, laundry and cleaning after working ten hours so I can study or write. He works hard every day so that I can stay home with Danny because he knows that it important for moms to stay home with their kids. He supports me in every way shape and form.

He has been my best friend since I was 16 years old. We have grown up together. He amazed me when he decided to enlist in the Marine Corps even though he didn't have a lot of support from his family and friends. He is his own person, never allows anyone to influence his thoughts or actions. He worked hard while in the military every day until he was honorably discharged so he could pursue other dreams.

I am so lucky to have such a wonderful man in my life. We've been through so much together, I am so thankful to have him as the most important person in my life. He has gone from the guy who would drive around and "wreck stuff" to the guy who watched Elmo's World on a daily basis but still manages to be the same goofy kid I fell in love with eight years ago.

Happy Birthday, Stephen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this Mommy post?