Thursday, August 4, 2011

Worst. Mom. Ever.

Yes. That was me yesterday. Worst mom on the planet.

Well. . .

The day started off as the day from hell (and I mean it, no amount of Hail Mary's would have saved this day). My sweet little angel woke up at 4:21am ready to party. Hubby and I took turns trying to get him to sleep, occupying him, playing with him and essentially giving up and letting him run around the house like a circus freak.

Our early morning led to a very crabby toddler who would not nap. Seriously. Would. Not. Nap. I have never seen a child act so bratty grumpy as my child did yesterday. He was literally walking around the house whining. Just walking around whining. Room to room. Usually when he is in a whiney mood we just leave, go for a drive, walk around the mall, find a park-anything to get him out of the house and happy again.

It didn't work this time. We literally went from 4:21 am to 8:00pm with a crabby kid who wanted nothing to do with anything but himself and his little grumpy pity party. Maybe he knew Elmo was on re-run or something.

I don't know.

By the time dinner was over and I was trying to get the little angel into the bathtub I had had it. I had nothing left to give. This of course is when he decides to go all rambo baby on me. Running around the house, trying to jump into the filling bath tub while still dressed, tearing his training potty apart, throwing things. This kid had to have been trying to get me going.

It worked.

I lost it. I mean lost it. I was acting like my own mother. I wont go that far because I wasn't under the influence of anything other than a very naughty little boy, but I was yelling. Not nice Mommy, not nice.

While I was in the poorly thought out idea to get the kid to sit down on the floor while I finished getting the bath ready, mid yell my hubby walks in the door.

Busted.

He graciously offered to take over. I turned him down, feeling guilty that I let a toddler get the best of me. So together we bathed, jammied, played and read to our little boy who suddenly became a little sweetheart. Maybe I just needed to wash the monster off of him.

Yesterday wasn't exactly one of those days that make you think of "the joys of motherhood." I never dreamed of days like that when I was pregnant and so excited about having a baby and taking care of that baby every day. No mother dreams of these days, but they do happen. Every mom breaks down, gets frustrated and lets the little "monsters" win. Days like yesterday just remind me how lucky I am when my little guy wants to cuddle with me on the couch and watch Mickey Mouse. The good definitely out weighs the bad in our family and I am so thankful for that. My son is healthy and happy (most of the time). So a bratty grumpy day here and there are nothing I can't handle.

I will remember that next time he is being a monster. I will. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this Mommy post?