Thursday, August 25, 2011

My son. . .

Really wants to injure himself!

*Aside* I might not be able to write again for a few days, apparently there is a hurricane on the loose and it is headed in my direction. Our electric company actually called us to tell us that our power is definitely going out and it will be out for several days.

Back to what I actually want to write about. Danny, my 16 month old tank is determined to hurt himself. Every day. After the earthquake the other day he climbed onto the couch at my Grandma's house and did a nose dive right off, right into a plant that was given as a gift when my aunt passed away. Crap. Aunt Brook probably would have thought it was funny, but I sort-of feel like I'm going to be struck by lightening at any moment. As I carried my crying child outside to brush the dirt out of my hair I had to laugh in-spite of myself. I was a very mellow child, very calm and quiet. I was a girly girl who didn't like dirt and would get stuck in trees after climbing them. I was always got picked on by my siblings (my sister and YOUNGER brother once tied me to a tree and left the leave blower turned on in front of me, it wasn't until our neighbor got home from school that I was rescued). Danny is the anti-me. I love it, I must say. I never knew what I would do with a little boy if I had one, but I think I am doing just fine. I now wrestle all day long, I get bit, I play with hot wheels and read stories about trucks and dirt instead of princesses and makeup. I love it. I do feel like I am raising my husband though, from what I am told he was just like this.

You can't pick your child's personality and if you could I don't know if I would have picked for my son to have the personality that he has, but I sure am having fun and I wouldn't trade him or his rambunctiousness for anything in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this Mommy post?