Thursday, June 28, 2012

Glucose Test

I passed!!!!

I don't think I have ever been so happy as I was yesterday when one of my midwives told me that I do NOT have Gestational Diabetes. I was in tears as she went over the results, explaining that not only do I not GD, but my numbers were nowhere close to the magical diabetes number. I am thrilled. Not only does this mean that I am healthy, baby girl is healthy, and I don't have to prick my fingers every day and get on a super controlled diet, but it also means that as long as things continue to go well in this pregnancy I can deliver this baby in the birthing center like I have been hoping to do.

I have been so worried about going through another induction that I have actually had nightmares about it. I am on cloud nine.

I know inductions aren't always bad, but my experience was bad. My hospital experience was terrible with Danny, I try to be positive when I look back at it, but at the end of the day there is no denying that poor choices were made in order to accommodate the hospital staff, not what was best for my baby and me. We are in a different area now, the hospital here is very good, especially the labor and delivery staff, but I am still very happy that I might actually get the experience I am looking for.

I have been on cloud nine since yesterday morning over my news. My husband even brought home a piece of birthday cake for me to enjoy later today in celebration :)

I had psyched myself up at the beginning of this pregnancy to not get GD, but as I progressed the midwives kept trying to convince me that I might just be prone to it, and to not beat myself up if I get it again, even after following a pretty strict diet. Well the last few weeks I have been pretty sure I was going to fail the test, I even went as far as to look up the high risk doctor the midwives would have sent me to, do find out what hours they are open.

I am doing  happy dance, please join me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this Mommy post?