Monday, June 11, 2012

One car

We are officially, as of Saturday afternoon, a one car family.

We bought a Honda Pilot in April, a month sooner than we wanted to thanks to the idiots at the Maryland MVA. . . another story. Our plan was to sell both my and my husband's cars as soon as I graduated for a bigger car that we will share. The plans never go as we hope, but finally, we are down to one car.

With my husband working shift work, and me staying home, it just makes good financial sense to have one car. I am hoping that I don't go nutty over it, since I am the one who will be without a car a lot of the time. I just keep telling myself it is a small sacrifice to make to stay home with my kids and not have to worry about working outside the home.

Next month we are moving out of our condo to rent a bigger single family home. Not only will we have a room for each of the kids, but we will have more space in general. The best part is our neighborhood has a beach, a pool and a park, all within walking distance. Danny and I should be able to keep ourselves busy on the days we are "stuck at home."

My husband graduates from his police training this Thursday. I am so excited for him to start his new career, it was a long, long road for him to get where he is now, and I am so proud of him for his hard work.

Anyone want to come visit Danny and I while we are stuck at home??

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this Mommy post?