Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Big Storm

A huge storm came out of nowhere Friday night, here in Maryland we got hit pretty hard. The last I read about 1.8 million people are still without power, that includes my elderly Grandparents. They are troopers, even though they have an older house with a well, meaning they can't get water when the power is out, they are taking care of it all. Between cleaning up their yard and prepping for their week long vacation on Saturday they are non-stop. I sure hope that I can keep up like they do when I am in my 80's!

We are just about the only people in my family, who live close by, who have power. Unfortunately we live in a small condo, so I can't invite the whole brood over for dinner each night, but I have offered showers and AC, and internet access.

Not many people have taken me up on my offer, but I hope they know that if I am ever without electricity, AC and showers in the middle of July, that I will be pounding on their doors looking for them to pay it forward :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this Mommy post?