Monday, January 2, 2012

!@#$%



I wont say what I want to say because I am resolving this year to cut out even the few profanities I use. BUT, some people are just completely rude and miserable.

Over the holiday weekend I was at a gathering where there were two people who obviously hate children and don't ever want to be bothered by them, or even breathe the same air. My son was actually behaving quite well considering we were inside a house that didn't have a lot of toys or activities for kids his age. I was impressed by his behavior and even more impressed that I was able to sit and have a conversation or two while he played with the other kids and entertained the adults who weren't miserable jerks. Suddenly my son was being yelled at by another adult, then I was being yelled about not letting my child "run around uncontrolled." I have to laugh at this because if you know me IRL (in real life) you know that I do not let my child run around like a mad man while visiting other peoples homes. I am always very, very good about keeping him occupied and well behaved while spending time in homes other than ours. My husband also had to hear some very rude comments about my parenting. Note to anyone out there-don't complain to my husband about me, it wont get you anywhere because we love each other and are ALWAYS on each others side.

At the end of the day I have to laugh because the people are so insignificant to my life that it doesn't matter what they think about my child or my mothering, but at the same time it sure is a bummer having people be so rude. I find myself asking the same question all the time: What happened to being kind and loving to children in our society? It seems as if we've lost that idea. . .

1 comment:

What do you think about this Mommy post?