Thursday, January 26, 2012

Five year

Happy Anniversary to my husband and me. Five years ago today we were two foolish kids getting married in a court house because we thought "all you need is love."

January 26th, 2007.

We had no idea what we were getting ourselves into, with a two-year deployment to Okinawa in store for Stephen, "unaccompanied orders" are the most devastating thing to a young, newly married couple. I still can't believe all of that was five years ago, it seemed like he would never come home from Japan, and now he has been home longer than he was gone. What an impact those two years had on our lives.

January 27th, 2007.

The day after we got married, we looked so young, I looked so tan!!

I can't believe it has been five years, I wont even be 25 until June! I still feel as young as I did the day we got married. That is what happens when you marry someone who is really a kid a heart, he keeps you young.

Okinawa. May 2007.   

 I made two amazing trips to see Stephen in Okinawa that year. One of the most beautiful places on earth.

June 28th, 2008.

The next year we had a formal Catholic wedding, it was so beautiful and my hubby looked dashing in his dress blues. What a studly Marine I married!!

MCAS Yuma Air Show, 2009.

We moved to Yuma, AZ where we finally got to live together and feel like a married couple. We lived right on the flight line so it wasn't exactly a quiet year :).

Taylor Swift Concert. May 24th, 2009.

We spent more time in California than we did in AZ. After a day at Sea World we scalped tickets to a Taylor Swift concert.

Christmas, 2009.  

We made a baby and spent all of our holidays in our new home together.

April 16th, 2010. Danny just a few minutes old.

We had the baby and he changed our lives. Together we are parents, and pretty darn good parents at that. We have a healthy and happy little boy who takes turns having each of us as his favorite. He is so much like his Dad that it scares me sometime.

My first day of senior year at UMD. August 2011.

Stephen's first day of the PGPD Training Academy. Oct 2011.

We are both going to school and will graduate this spring. Together, we are living out our dreams each day. I am so lucky to be married to such a wonderful guy!

Happy Anniversary!

2 comments:

  1. yours is the coolest love story. congratulations Lola. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Filled me in a lot from my "lost years". Congratulations guys! Great looking blog btw! Visually, as well as content-wise. Nice work

    ReplyDelete

What do you think about this Mommy post?