Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Big boy bed dillema

I am the meanest mom on earth. After ignoring Danny for about an hour this morning while I was on hold with the IRS (that is a whole other blog), I found my whole entire condo a complete mess. Danny went buck wild, everything was out of his room, everything, it was all in the living room. That child knows how to revolt when he doesn't get attention.

After cleaning up the disaster zone and fighting throughout lunch (he is too husky for the high chair buckles, so he insists on standing), it was time for nap. This child was tired. He was so tired that he kept yawning and rubbing his eyes. We read stories in bed, sang songs, then when it was time to put his head on the pillow he did a head stand. It was all down hill from there. He would not lay down in his bed. He loves his bed so much, he plays on it all day, even runs from one end to the other, laughing hysterically. It was cute at first but now it is biting me in the ass. He wants to play in his bed, not sleep. We don't have this problem at bedtime, just naptime.

After trying everything, including laying in bed with him while holding him down (not a pretty sight), I finally told him that he had to nap in his crib since he was acting like a baby. Only babies sleep in cribs I told him. He thought that was funny, he laughed then carried his pillow to the crib.


*Suck it Mom, you don't scare me*

Well, I do scare him, I made the "big boy" sleep in his crib. One huge step back for us. He only slept about 45 minutes, then was up crying, he must have still been mad at me. He cried for 10 minutes with me on the couch after his nap.

All weekend he wouldn't nap in his bed, I wrote it off to our schedules being different. Yesterday he fell asleep in the car and I transferred him to his bed. I'm not quite sure what to do with this fickle child, but Mommy needs her quiet time just as much as Danny needs his nap time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this Mommy post?