Saturday, January 7, 2012

My son, he is smart

And literary too!

He totally reads the paper. All the time.

But seriously, this kid does love to read. He loves to sit in his room, in front of his book shelf and read, or look at his books. He is so funny to watch, he will be reading a book when suddenly he wants to show me something. He comes running to me, so excited and happy to show me what he discovered. I just love this.

For Christmas Danny was gifted with many new books--what a treat! Some of our favorite are:

This book makes my son giggle and smile when I say in my bear voice "The bear snores on!!"

Our favorite of all time! My son can't go a whole day without a "George Story."
A great book for military families (past or present) to read. Very sweet.


Since I have been on break from school I have made it my goal to have the TV on a little as possible. I think it is so important for my son to spend more time in front of books than in front of the TV. We love our reading time, and I hope he will remember our special reading times his whole life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this Mommy post?