Wednesday, December 21, 2011

It is a beautiful thing



My clean desk, Dec. 2011


For a recovering Type A/ borderline Obsessive Compulsive personality this desk is beautiful. It is dusted, rid of clutter and organized. I spend a good portion of my sons nap-time this afternoon going through my semester notebook and throwing away junk. I used to save all of my notes for my major courses (I have about a hundred pounds of paper from when I was a Psychology major), but saving all that stuff has gotten a bit ridiculous. I now keep only text I have written, useful handouts or compelling notes (I have those??). I have listed the texts on Amazon that I don't care to keep, and I have filed on my bookshelf the text that I do wish to keep.

The semester from hell is over!! I have never felt so liberated in my entire life. Imagine the moments right after pushing a baby out, but mentally. That is how I feel right now.

I am so grateful for my return to school, I am so proud of myself for sticking through it even when it seems absurd, but I am also so happy to have one more step behind me to completing this goal I have had for years.

A special thanks must go out to my husband, without him I would not be able to be in school at all. Not only does he support my education, my staying home with our son, but he also cleans, does laundry, vacuums, and anything else I need to help keep our home in order when school is getting crazy. Also, my dad and mother-in-law, who drop everything without any notice when I need a babysitter.

1 comment:

What do you think about this Mommy post?