Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My night off

After several weeks of being crazy busy with school I have decided to give myself the night off!

I finally wrapped up all assignments for my German class (other than the final), and actually have nothing to turn in tomorrow. Instead of taking this as an opportunity to work on one of my final papers that I still have to write I have decided to just sit on my butt and surf the web/watch TV. My husband is playing softball, my son is asleep and I am enjoying quiet time.

I deserve it after the traumatizing experience we had this evening.

My brother was over this evening, and while playing/messing with Danny he found a big, nasty soft tick in Danny's head. So horribly disgusting!! Thank God Joe was here, because it took he and I both to restrain Danny while my husband removed the tick. It was so sad hearing Danny scream and seeing him shake. He was so scared, he didn't understand why we were holding him down (and smooshing his face in a pillow). Not to mention the fact that it took a while to get the tick out, my husband was trying to hard to keep from ripping Danny's hair out.

Poor kid.

He is so sweet though, as soon as we were done extracting the tick he clapped his hands (through tears) and said "yay!" He got a popsicle and lots of hugs after that.

I am happy that we have a big yard with lots of woods and fun things to play with at my Grandma's house, and I am very happy that my son is so adventurous, always wanting to be outside, but I really hope we never EVER have to do this again.

In case you don't know what to do should a tick infest your child CLICK HERE. Luckily, my husband and I knew what to do since we took a child care class before Danny was born, but the link I shared tells you exactly what you need to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this Mommy post?