Thursday, May 24, 2012

Finding our normal

The next few weeks will be interesting for sure. We are trying to find our new normal within our family. Since Danny was four months old I have been a full-time student, which meant being away from him several hours a day 2-5 days a week, depending on which semester I was in. It was difficult, and we all sacrificed to make it happen.

I noticed in the past few months that Danny acted like he was used to me not being around, the days or hours that I would be home with him he seemed annoyed by me. Annoyed to have to follow my rules and behave in a certain way. It was very stressful. Some days it seemed like all I did was discipline him, and all he did was cry. I'm sure my pregnancy hormones didn't help, but the last semester of school for me gave me the most terrible Mommy guilt I could ever imagine.

Now that I have been home for a whole week I can see us slowly getting back into a normal groove. I guess I can't call it "getting back" because last time I was home with him 24/7 he couldn't sit up on his own, but none-the-less we are getting there. We had a great day today, we ran errands, visited Grandpa, played outside, created lego masterpieces etc. Danny was well behaved until around 4:30 this afternoon when he had just had enough of being a good boy.

Baby steps.

I got a regular nap out of him the last two days, we are eating meals at the same time every day--structure. It is a beautiful thing. Kids desperately need it, and Moms rely on it to make their days go smoothly.

My husband graduates from his police training class in three weeks. He will then be working shift work for the first time in a few years--I am hoping that Danny and I can maintain our normal-ness even when Dad is working a crazy schedule.

Here is to hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this Mommy post?