Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My own Nemo

May, 2012. 

Here is a picture of my little fish. Danny got to swim with his cousins yesterday, and he was in complete heaven.

Saturday I took him swimming at my Grandma's pool (no dead mice this time). I put his floaties on and decided to take him away from the steps to see how he would do. I expected him to flip out and cry as soon as I let go of him. Not so much. The kid just went off on his own and started swimming. He wanted nothing to do with me holding him, or helping him as soon as he realized that he could float. It didn't stop there, he even jumped off the side of the pool by himself, in the deep end! The kid has no fear. At one point he was just jumping in the pool without me being close by, I had to swim by big pregnant self to the deep end as fast as I could to make sure he wasn't alone.

He is a fish.

Really, he didn't want to get out of the pool Saturday or Monday when we were there. He didn't want to take a break to eat or anything. I almost had to drag him out of the pool to give him ice cream yesterday--yes, my child has finally found something he likes better than food.

It is a good thing Danny and I are both good tanners, since we wont be spending many days away from the pool this summer.

Here is to hoping the little sister gets my skin, like Danny did, and not her dads Irish skin.

Irish skin and Gypsy skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this Mommy post?