Sunday, May 20, 2012

A reminder

While I go to church, claim my faith and try to live it every day, I am certainly not the most religious person I know. I don't cite the Bible on a daily basis, and I don't always know what the "Christian thing to do" is without really thinking about it. But I do my best in life. I love my family and always try to be kind to others.

Oftentimes I doubt the decisions that I make, that my husband and I make together. I wonder if we're doing the right thing, especially when people are upset with me or us. Whenever I have felt like this and doubt begins to take over I always turn to the same place. It has never failed me, and I have never lost confidence in the answers that I will find.

I will just say, THANK GOD FOR GOOGLE. Because a person like me, who is not familiar with all the passages in the Bible that I would like to be, can really find a shortcut with Google. Today I needed to reassure myself that my husband and I are on the right track, and that we will never go wrong when we do what is best for our family.

Just in case I need reassurance again (which I know I will), I am going to leave my little reminder right here.

Ephesians:
{5:28} So, too, husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.
{5:29} For no man has ever hated his own flesh, but instead he nourishes and cherishes it, as Christ also does to the Church.
{5:30} For we are a part of his body, of his flesh and of his bones.
{5:31} “For this reason, a man shall leave behind his father and mother, and he shall cling to his wife; and the two shall be as one flesh.”
{5:32} This is a great Sacrament. And I am speaking in Christ and in the Church.



I am so lucky to have a husband who does this. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this Mommy post?