Sunday, May 20, 2012

The big day!

Well the day has come (tomorrow). I graduate from the University of Maryland tomorrow morning. I would say that I am super flipping excited for it, but honestly, it is just a ceremony. I thought I would be more excited to walk across the stage than I am, but I'm really not.

What I am excited for is being done with school. I am excited to no longer have to spend every free moment I have in the evenings doing homework, writing papers and reading books that don't particularly interest me. I am excited to have less stress in my life and to be a better mother because of it. I am excited to be home with my children all day, every day, and to plan fun activities for them. I am excited to be a stay at home mom, for real now. I am really excited to read a book, for fun! I have been caught up in my hypnobirthing book lately that I have not had time to read any of the 5 books that are sitting on myself unread. I am excited to start living my life again.

I couldn't have made it through the last two years with out my husband, Stephen. He has not only been super supportive of my quest to finish college, but he has really picked up my slack around the house. He has cooked, cleaned, done laundry, gone the extra mile with Danny, all to make things easier for me. Even in the last eight months, when he started training for one of our local police departments, he has still helped keep our home and family running smoothly. Between career struggles, now always supportive family and raising a infant into toddler into two year old boy, he has always supported me and for lack of a better term "had-my-back."

I also have to thank my dad, he has done so much for Stephen and I throughout our relationship, none more than the last year and a half. He has also been willing to drop everything in order to help me with Danny when babysitters fell through.

My brother Joe, for inspiring me to go to college when I was a kid. I never really thought about college until he was in high school doing his college search. Ever since then I always thought "if he can do it then I should be able to do it." Maybe I am competitive, or maybe I just admire his hard work, but he is certainly one of my biggest inspirations. My sister-in-law, Haley. She has inspired me with her drive and dedication. She put herself through college all the way to a master's degree, while raising her daughter. She is a true friend who is always been encouraging to me. Thanks for lending me the cap and gown for tomorrow!

And to all the people who said that I would never finish college once I got married, or had a baby, thank you. Nothing is more encouraging to me than naysayers, I couldn't have done it without all of you as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this Mommy post?