Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Packing

We haven't even moved yet, but the verdict is in.

We moved from Arizona to Maryland when Danny was five-weeks-old. It was kind of a big deal, it was very stressful, and it made it impossible for me to give myself six weeks to recover. I mentioned recently (several times, actually), that I wonder what would be worse, moving across country with a newborn, or moving about 20 minutes away while 30 weeks pregnant, with a two year old.

This is so much worse than the cross country move!!

Not only are we just coming off a heat wave which damn near took everything out of me. I have a crazy two-year-old running around, and a husband who is not able to help much because of his work schedule. I really had no idea how much Stephen was around to help me while he was in the Marines. He was either in a different country, or available to help me with anything. It is an odd adjustment, having him here, but not available.

It does NOT look like this in my home right now

I am so exhausted, and anxious. I just want to be moved in and settled. I want to work on the baby's room, I never did that with Danny because we were moving around so much when he was an infant. What I really want to do is not feel like a ticking time bomb, with a thousand things left on my to do list.

Just a few more days and I get to do one of my favorite things--set up my home and make it all, well, homey.

Lets just hope I make it till Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck with the move! We are also getting ready to move and although I am not 30 weeks prego, chasing after a little rugrat does not allow much productivity. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! Moving sucks in general, and young kids make it worse. I have been avoiding packing Danny's toys, in an effort to disrupt him as little as possible. It backfired, he thinks if we don't pack his toys NOW that they aren't coming with us.

      Delete

What do you think about this Mommy post?