Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pop Pop



I can always tell when Pop Pop visits. I mean, obviously I know when he visits, he doesn't sneak in my house to play with my son when I am not looking. But if for some reason I wasn't sure who was in my home playing with my son when I was at school I could always figure out if it was Pop Pop.

Pop Pop is my dad, right now Danny calls him Pop, but we're hoping he'll repeat it eventually. Pop Pop comes over twice a week to watch Danny for a few when I have a very early class, he takes Danny to his sitter's house once the sun comes up.

They usually have so much fun together that Danny falls asleep in the highchair at the sitter's house.
Danny 11/15/2011-sleeping on the couch after falling asleep in the highchair.
When I finally get that sleeping boy home and in his crib I survey the house. I will typically find Danny's most favorite toys in various places around the house. They are always placed on a table. My dad knows how crazy I am about keeping my home clean and tidy, and although he doesn't know exactly where everything goes (trust me, there is a place for EVERYTHING), he always picks things up off the floor. There will be an empty sippy cup, a Mickey Mouse figurine and possibly Mr. Potato Head parts. The ball pit will slightly out of place, but all the balls are exactly where they should be. The place looks like a million bucks-considering Mom wasn't home. My favorite part about Pop Pop taking care of Danny for a few hours is that he always unplugs things. I am half hippy/treehugger/conservationist/green and half cheap. If we aren't using something it isn't plugged into the wall. I mean everything. In our home, we unplug the coffee maker, alarm clocks, computers, the TV-everything. It is like a breath of fresh air when I walk in my door and see nothing left on/plugged in.

I may not get my green-ness from my dad, but I definitely get my frugality from him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this Mommy post?