Friday, November 18, 2011

Danny's purse



I came home from school yesterday to find my son carrying around something new, something my mother-in-law, who watches him one day a week, gave him. It was a small purse. My son was carrying around a small purse, carrying it around his arm like one of the Pan Am girls.



Now, I have to say that this doesn't bother me, my son *wearing* a purse. He sees me carry a purse and a backpack every day, and he sees my husband carrying two duffel bags in and out of the house each day. I probably would have given him a backpack to keep his hot wheels cars in, but whatever works. The purse (which is BLUE) is Danny's new favorite thing. I am completely comfortable with my son and who he will turn out to be, I believe that no amount of purse wearing will make him less of a man when he grows up (just like I think no amount of hockey will make him a tough guy if that isn't his nature).

My husband on the other hand, he is not as *cool* as me. And being as aware of this as I am I couldn't wait for him to get home last night. As soon as he walked in I said "honey, come look at what Momo brought Danny, his very own purse." He got all huffy and puffy and said he isn't allowed to play with it. And me being the instigator that I am, I encouraged the purse wearing (just to get a rise out of my dear husband). He is so against the little blue purse that he actually snapped at me to "stop encouraging it," he wanted me to run out to the store today to buy a masculine backpack for Danny to carry his cars in.

I'm am really LOLing over this, still.

For the record, my MIL is NOT one of the many people who has made rude comments about Danny drinking out of a purple sippy cup, or saying that he isn't dressed masculine enough. She has never made any such comment (this blog post would have been eve more interesting had one of those people given my son a purse).

I am still laughing as I type this. My husband better run out and buy some hockey skates-we wouldn't want Danny to turn into a sissy ;)

1 comment:

What do you think about this Mommy post?