Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving



I think I do this pretty often, take a moment to think about all I have to be thankful for. But since today is Thanksgiving I am going to blog it.

We've had a pretty tough year and a half, but things are finally looking up.

I am thankful for my wonderful husband. I was 16-years-old when I met him and thank God I did. He changed the course of my and I am so thankful for that. He is kind and loving to both me and our son. He never complains about having to work extra hard so that I can stay home and raise our son. He is supportive of my studies and always pitches in more than she "should."

I am thankful for my happy, healthy so Danny. He is the light of my life. I can't imagine having a more perfect child. He is always smiling, always laughing, and always being silly. he is the comic relief that I need with all the stress in the world. In an instant he will break out into dance or lay flat on the ground in protest of something. He gives me kisses and hugs whenever I need them. I thank God for giving me a healthy child who doesn't need anything more than tender love and care from his Mommy.

I am thankful for my husbands new job. After a long process and some rejection he is finally on track to start the career he has always dreamed of.

I am thankful for my Grandparents, who at 83 and 82 years-old they are still with us and spunky than ever. My Grandpa adores my son and sings Oh Danny Boy to him every time we walk in the door. My Grandma has passed on to me strength and wisdom. She has never let me complain or feel sorry for myself, after all she grew up in the depression and had to wait six weeks for a letter when her husband was deployed.

I am thankful for my whole family. Nutty as they/we may be, we have a solid bond that can't be broken. I thank God every day for putting me in such a big family.

I am thankful for the opportunity I have to finish college. After only having three years of formal education I desperately wanted to go to college and finish. I am grateful for all who have helped me get this far in that journey, and for all who understand that education is important even if you "just want to stay home with your kids."


I hope everyone has a happy and safe Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this Mommy post?