Wednesday, November 2, 2011

And you thought I was overprotective?



Yesterday my very rambunctious toddler was trying to climb on the monkey bars after one of the bigger kids, my poor son is like the little kitty cat who looks in the mirror and sees a lion.

As I am telling him to watch out for the big kids so he doesn't get hurt this couple walks up with their adorable twin boys, color coordinated in matching outfits! I later found out that the boys are two and a half years old. Super cute kids. All they wanted to do was run buck wild around the park and on the jungle gym.

That was not going to happen.

The adults who were with the boys (I'm thinking grandparents) would  not let the kids more than six inches away from them. It was nuts, they wouldn't even let the boys climb the steps of the jungle gym without holding their hands.

Now here comes Danny! Running up and down the steps of the jungle gym while I stay off to the side keeping an eye on him. Danny walked over to the top of the slide (I am on the ground watching), he gets in position to go down the slide and the Grandpa runs over to the bottom of the slide to catch Danny. I politely tell him that Danny goes down the slide by himself all the time and that he will be okay. The Grandpa tells me that is scares him to death and he can't watch. Well, my son will not go down the slide if you are waiting at the bottom for him. No, he is a daredevil, he will not have a safety net! So Danny runs to the top of the jungle gym and rushes down the bigger slide. Grandpa turned white. This went on for about 20 minutes until we left.

I'm not really judging the grandparents, they are just nervous about the boys getting hurt, and honestly there would be nothing worse than breaking a kid who isn't yours. It did make me giggle to see those boys, a year older than Danny trying to play without interference.

I guess I'm not over-mothering :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this Mommy post?