Thursday, November 17, 2011

I'm going to call this one



I am going to officially call my son a toddler, and dare I say a "Terrible Two." We have officially landed in this zone.

I do need to point out that most of the time my son is a very easy child to mother. He is almost always smiling and happy. I know how lucky I am.

And then we have times like last Tuesday night. My brother AKA Danny's Godfather was over for dinner. At some point in the evening Danny spotted an apple on the kitchen counter and demanded that it be given to him. He stood in the kitchen, pointing at the apple and kept saying "bopple." I still had about an hour until dinner would be ready so I gave him a few bopple apple slices. No big deal right?

Wrong.

Dinner time comes and as I put my son in his highchair he keeps saying bopple. Over. And. Over. Again. When I brought him his plate (homemade meatloaf, sweet potatoes, broccoli and a honey baked roll) he starts crying and saying "bopple" more and more. About ten minutes go by, Danny continues to act like a major league toddler while the rest of us eat. I guess Danny finally realized that I was trying to pass the previously mentioned garbage off as his dinner, and that I was NOT giving him an apple so he decided to wiggle out of his highchairs restraints and stand up. My husband gets him down from the highchair and tells him that if he doesn't eat his dinner then he doesn't get any treats later, including an apple.

Oh crap.

That was it. The kid collapsed right to the ground and laid there kicking and screaming. As I try to continue with the conversation I was having with my brother I realize that he is not listening at all, he is watching my son in amazement. Yes brother, I do let my kid lay there and cry. All he is looking for is a reaction and it is not like we are in public.

After playing the crybaby game for about 15 more minutes my little guy finally decided that eating meatloaf was better than going to bed hungry. He ate and all was well with the world.

We are officially in this terrible two stage. And to show how this stage is nothing but a roller coaster of emotions I will tell you that as I type this my son is sitting next to me with his sweet face on, giving me kisses whenever I ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this Mommy post?