Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Day

Here is a vague glimpse of a day in the life of Ella and Danny.

7:04-My wake up call gets me up late for the second day in a row (usually my son is up at 6am on the dot).
7:10-Waffle is in the toaster, I peel a banana for a very impatient 14 month old.
7:45- Diaper time.
7:55- Water the plants on our little deck before we turn on the TV just in time to watch Curious George.
8:00- Watch CG and chase Daddy around as he gets ready for work.
9:00- We say goodbye to Daddy. My son cries and tries to go with him (am I really that bad).
9:30- The little one wont hold out for Sesame Street. . . Nap time.
9:35- I check my email and do a little facebook-ing.
10:00- Laundry and cleaning up the house a little.
10:45- Danny wakes up. Short nap.
10:46- Diaper time.
10:51-Snack time which turns into me holding Danny captive in the highchair while I get a lunch packed to take to the pool.
11:13- Leave for the pool (my Grandma's house).
11:35- Visiting with Pop-Pop (my dad) and Uncle Joe (my brother) poolside.
Noon- Danny eats his lunch outside. Rather, Danny throws his lunch on the deck and Uncle Joe gives him a cookie.
12:45- Danny goes swimming while I get ready to bare it all in a bikini.
1:00- Swimming pool fun for Danny, Uncle Joe and I for the next hour and a half.
2:30- I sunbathe while Danny plays like a good boy on the deck.
2:32- I catch Danny trying to run back to the pool. Time to pack up.
3:00- Danny falls asleep on the way home.
4:30- Danny wakes up, we play.
6:10- Dinner is ten minutes late which pisses Danny off. He is in and out of the kitchen every 3 minutes to check if I've taken anything out of the oven.
6:14- Danny is in the highchair enjoying lasagna, broccoli and a cresent roll.
7:10- Bath time.
7:40- I tell Danny he can get one thing off the bookshelf for me to read. He slyly gets the box of alphabet books. "I'll show you mom, I got one thing that contains 26 books." I read all 26 alphabet books.
7:56- Daddy walks in just in time to say goodnight to Danny who is in his crib by 8.

I spend the rest of my evening catching up with an old friend on the phone and then hanging out with my husband.

We couldn't have had a more perfect day. It may seem boring to some, but this is the life I dream of. I am so blessed to be a stay at home mom all summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this Mommy post?