Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Booster Seat

For my brother-in-law's wedding I decided I needed to bring a booster seat for Danny to use during the reception (I posted previously that he didn't make it to the reception), so I didn't get to try it out. I wanted a very basic seat that can be easily taken from place to place (vacation/restaurant/Grandma's house). I did a little research and found the Prince Lionheart Cushiony Booster Seat to be everything I was looking for. It is made of a soft-ish material, it is light, easy to clean off and it has grippers on the bottom so I don't have to worry about it slipping. It is very similar to the Cooshee Booster that my nephew used when he was around Danny's age. To be honest I only chose the Prince Lionheart seat because it came in green and I have a slight OCD need to color code my children, but that is beside the point.

The other evening my husband was away doing a police ride along I decided to make a special dinner for just Danny and I and try out the booster seat. The seat works great, it is comfortable for Danny (as best as I can tell) and it doesn't move around. I think my son did better with just me at the dinner table then he would have had my husband been there (he knows he can't get away with misbehaving when it is just me, I guess you could say my husband is the good cop). I'm not 100% ready to stop using the highchair, sometimes I need to have my little one buckled in where he can't get out and run around like a mad man, but it is nice to know that we are on our way to taking that step and it is nice to know that I don't have to take the huge highchair on our vacation next month!

Here are links to both boosters. I have used them both and like them both. If I had to recommend only one I would probably recommend the Prince Lionheart because it has separate gripper feet on the bottom, where the Cooshee does not, it relies on the material that the seat is made of to keep from slipping.

Prince Lionheart: http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=lionheart+booster+seat&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=3721376916908411773&sa=X&ei=E-gATsXHDafy0gH8tqiLDg&ved=0CFQQ8wIwAQ

Cooshee: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2908480&prodFindSrc=rv

Happy Boostering!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this Mommy post?