Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Very Strange

So my son is doing something very strange. Every time I read him "Rock-a-Bye Baby" out of one of his story books he gets choked up and then bursts into tears, needing me to hug and kiss him until he calms down a few minutes later. This has happened four times now. He brings the book to me, he asks me to read the story. I have even started asking him if he wants me to read him the story even though it makes him sad, and he says yes.

I'm thinking it could be that it makes him sad thinking that the baby in the story is hurt. He is very concerned with helping take care of his baby cousin, and I'm thinking he might associate the baby in the story with his cousin. Sometimes after he starts crying he says "shh" and points to the Moses Basket where his cousin sleeps when he is at our house.

Or, as a friend suggested, there just might be something in the story that makes him sad.

Maybe a combination of both?

Either way, it is half heartbreaking and half funny, he wants me to read the story! I think I have had enough of it though, I just put him down for a nap and took the book with me. I'm thinking I will hide it for a while and see how it goes.

What a silly little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this Mommy post?