Friday, March 23, 2012

The Bully

My son is the bully. I'm not sure exactly what to do about this. I'll say it, I'm not against spanking, but I have enough awareness of the world around me not to give him a swat on the butt when we're out in public. So when we're at the park and he starts trying to rough up a kid it is hard know what to do.

I pull him aside and talk to him, explain that he needs to be nice to the other kids, but lets face it, he is an almost two-year-old with limited language skills, he doesn't really "get" it yet.

Another problem is that he always tries to pick on the bigger kids, like four and five year olds. He thinks everything is his and he does not like it when other kids try to play with the playground that he owns (in his own little mind).

I'm hoping that after I graduate he will get more consistency, it will be just he and I, no one else will be taking care of him during the day and letting him get away with mischief. One can only hope.

He did get kicked in the face, resulting in a fat, bloody lip while going down the slide, he started acting a little nicer after that. It is a sad day when a mother has to let her child get pounded on a little in order for him to be nice to the other kids.

It is a good thing that I don't believe in giving my children drugs for ADD or Danny might be on something already, that child does not slow down!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this Mommy post?