Friday, March 30, 2012

Nobody puts Danny in the corner

I think my son may just be the next Johnny Castle (Dirty Dancing, for all you poor, poor souls that don't know). He loves to break out into random dance parties, at any given moment. He's got moves like Jagger, what can I say.

Today at dinner time he was being rather dreadful, I'm not sure what is so terrible about a home cooked meal and a family dinner, but he was not having it. My husband and I finally gave up and allowed him to get down from the table to roam the house while we finished our dinner. Instead of roaming he went into the kitchen and broke out with a dance. He was twirling, dancing in circles, shaking his booty and jumping up and down. The child was on fire. I quickly turned on Pandora's Kidz Bop station so he could have something to dance to. This only encouraged his escapades. He was groovin' even harder than before. A few minutes later he asked me to join. Eventually Danny, Stephen and I were dancing our tails off in the kitchen and having a great time.

Sometimes I can't help but wonder if we weren't "young parents," would we be breaking out into dance parties like we do. I wonder if we would spend our Saturday mornings in PJ's, wrestling and playing with legos. I also wonder if we will still do these things after we become a family of four. We have really enjoyed our two years as being first time parents, I hope that we have just as much fun when we are second time parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this Mommy post?