Saturday, July 2, 2011

Are you flipping kidding met?!?!?

Ok.

I know that I am all about "Mommy-ing by your own book" but when your child is being mean and abusive to another child you have to intervene and 1) stop the behavior immediately and 2) tell your child that it is not ok to hurt another child.

Scenario: I'm at Barnes and Noble rummaging through the 50% off bin (it's like Christmas and my birthday all in one), Danny is in the stroller being a good boy-playing with his Elmo remote. Suddenly a little girl walks over with this big bucket that must have had toys in it because there were toys all over the ground around her mother. The little girls seems like she wants to show Danny the bucket that she stole, she seems friendly enough so I just say "Hi sweetie" and continue rummaging/observing the babies. The girl starts out nice "talking" to Danny, they hand the bucket back and forth. Then the little girl walks away, I say "bye bye" while Danny waves. The little brat girl walks back over and lunges the bucket right into Danny's face, then picks it up and continues to hit him with it. I take the bucket away from her and say "oh that isn't nice lets to find mommy." Well mommy was standing right there, comes and takes the little girls hand and walks away! She doesn't tell Danny or myself that she is sorry, doesn't say anything to the little girl, just walks away!!!

What the HELL??? I'm sorry, I don't care how amazing and perfect you think your child is, when your kid is beating on another kid you stop him/her and give the child a good talking to!! You don't just walk away so he/she thinks that the behavior is ok. I know these kids are young but it is never too early to teach your child right from wrong. Some behavior is not acceptable, and beating on another kid is one of those behaviors.

People underestimate the ability that these kids have to understand what is going on, they know when they do something wrong (if you freaking tell them)!! Kids are so observant, if you talk to them in a nice, calm voice they will understand I PROMISE. Every kid has the ability to be a kind, gentle and caring person, if only their stupid parents will give them a chance by teaching them right from wrong.

I sure hope Danny isn't afraid of the bookstore now ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this Mommy post?