Saturday, July 23, 2011

To Bring or Not To Bring. . .

Ok.

So I have a toddler son, as I'm sure you know. I had to attend a bridal shower today and decided that I should leave my son at home for several reasons. One being that he is a boy, boys don't go to showers like that. Two being that I wanted a Mommy break (Daddy was happy to spend time with Danny alone). Three being that I thought it would be slightly inappropriate to bring a young child to an adult party.

Anyway, like I suspected would happened did, I got a load of crap for not bringing my son to the party. No one was mean about it, just kept pestering me about not bringing him. It would have been nice to go to a party and not be pestered about why I didn't bring him, where he is and what he is doing. I know that everyone LOVES my son, but way to make me feel like you only want me around if I bring my little ball of entertainment. . .sheesh!

So, my Mommy tip of the day: If a mom shows up somewhere without her child, just take a chill pill and leave her alone. Sometimes us Supermoms (ha) need a break, we want to go to a part without a diaper bag, we want to have a little fun without worrying about the baby catching on fire because of the 350 candles lit all over the place. Just ask how the child is doing and then leave her the hell alone.

Unless you suspect she might be pulling a Casey Anthony-then ask a lot of questions.

(Too soon)?

P.S I found my ipod in the couch cushion this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this Mommy post?