Friday, April 1, 2011

Customer Service: A Review

I recently purchased a jogging stroller. The weather here in Maryland is starting to get really nice and I am dying to run again (I have not had a real workout since the 1st trimester). I did a lot of research on jogging strollers, but the choice was obvious to me. The Chicco S3 All Terrain because it fits my infant carseat and I am a big Chicco lover. Their infant seats are the #1 safety rated carseats which was all I needed to know when I was shopping for a carseat before my son was born.

Once the stroller came we had a few nice walks in it, but when it came to really hitting the pavement there was one huge problem: every time I started to run the break would fall down, bringing us to a screeching halt. Danny didn't like this and I certainly did not like it. After my dear husband tried to figure out what the problem was with no luck I decided it was time to contact Chicco. I purchased the stroller on sale for $349.99 which, in my house is a huge price tag so I wanted this thing working perfectly.

The first person I contacted at Chicco was a very nice woman named Ginny. She was very apologetic for the faulty stroller and began the process of return and refund immediately. She said that Chicco wanted to have UPS pick up the stroller and issue me a refund check so I could buy another stroller. In the meantime Ginny said that they did not want me to go without a stroller so they were also sending me a Cortina stroller (the basic stroller that comes with the travel system) for free. This, in my opinion is AMAZING customer service. I got the Cortina stroller within three days of my first phone call with Ginny. A few days later UPS picked up the S3 stroller and I should have a refund check in the mail early next week.

I am still without a jogging stroller and as soon as that check comes in the mail I plan on purchasing another S3 All Terrain stroller. I am taking a risk by giving the Chicco brand another chance, but I really love the design and the quality of the S3 so I hope the original stroller I bought was just a lemon. Of course, as soon as I take the new S3 for a ride I will post all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this Mommy post?