Saturday, September 1, 2012

No donuts for us

While Danny is doing great with the whole potty thing in the evenings, he went twice tonight, and even told me when he had to go! He refuses to do it in the mornings. Which means no one has had a special donut treat in our house. The day after I first told Danny he could have a donut in the morning if he went on the potty, my husband was almost begging Danny to give it a try. He must have read my blog when he got home from work that night (what a guy), because I had no idea he knew about the donut proposition, and was wondering why he wanted Danny to use the toilet so bad.

Like I said before, I am not pushing this right now. Danny showed his first signs of super jealousy today, while I was wrapping presents for his cousins birthday party. Danny saw that I was wrapping books and went ballistic begging me to read the books to him. It didn't matter that we have the story he wanted me to read in a collection book, he wanted that one read to him. It freaked me out a little, he hasn't seemed jealous when people have given us gifts for his little sister, but then again, she isn't here yet.

We only have a couple of weeks before we find out if Danny will be a green eyed monster. I am nervous, I can't lie. I am trying to hard to spend extra time with Danny now, even if that means I give him his bath at night, even though it is really hard and uncomfortable with my gigantic baby belly. I just hate the idea of my little guy being sad, or thinking he isn't special anymore. I hope I can find a good balance with two kids--any suggestions are of course welcomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this Mommy post?