Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Getting ready for the girl

I am a couponer. I don't have 30 things of mustard under my bed, but I don't go to the grocery store without making a very detailed list. I go to the store website and load all the coupons I can onto the store card, I study the weekly ad and I use coupons found in the Sunday paper.

Anything to save a little money.

My biggest goal when shopping for food is usually to buy nothing frozen or prepared (other than frozen veggies), but now that my due date is just a couple weeks away the grocery list looked something like this:

Frozen pizza
Chicken nuggest
Canned soup
Fish sticks
Frozen lasagna
Kraft singles (for grilled cheese)

*Sigh*

I recently wrote something on my facebook timeline about Danny being breastfed and only eating homemade, organic baby food. There were lots of comments. Some were serious, some were making fun of me (oh no, next he will ask for white bread). I feed Danny healthy food. He gets treats, but not a lot of junk. I spent about 30 minutes at the store one day trying to figure out which fruit snacks were the least un-healthy for him.

I'm no Kate Gosslin (not even close), but I think Danny is probably fed healthier than the average kid.

So it sort of kills me to know that once the baby is here his dinners will consist mostly of frozen crap, at least every other week while his dad works nights and I am still adjusting to life with two kids. Danny will be in hog heaven, and I will feel mortified for a little while. Life will continue to go on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this Mommy post?