Saturday, April 6, 2013

The Business of Being Born

The documentary brought to the world by Rikki Lake has me fascinated.

I am only 20 minutes in, but I am amazed at what I am seeing. I am waiting until my husband can finish the movie with me because he was getting into it as he got himself ready to leave for work tonight.

I have had a hospital birth and a birth center birth. One with every bit of medical intervention you can imagine, and the later with zero. I want to see more, but my experiences sound a lot like Rikki Lake's, and I can see why she got so involved in the birth practices in the United States.

I will write more after I finish the "show," but I can already confidently say that any women who has had a baby, or ever plans on having a baby needs to see this documentary.


1 comment:

  1. I had a home birth for both of mine. Great experience, and I can't imagine having done it any other way.
    I have been meaning to get to this video for some time now. Thanks for the reminder!:-)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think about this Mommy post?